It’s that time of year again where families get together and enjoy each others’ company and share the joy of this festive season. One thing we all wish not to share is head lice for the holidays. This time of year the number of head lice cases tend to jump due to familIes sharing quality time with each other in close quarters. Here at Lice Care Solutions we put our top 5 ways on how to prevent head lice for the holidays!
- Do not share personal items such as hair brushes towels, pillows. Lice can spread by indirect contact with personal items that the affected person used.
- Do not share hats, scarves, coats and headphones
- Pull your hair back in a ponytail. Lice use your hair as a ladder to get to your scalp.
- Apply Lice Care Solutions preventive gel. Lice can not latch on to the hair follicle when the hair is artificially dirty with product.
- Get checked before the holidays. Not everyone has symptoms.
That’s it! Have fun this Holiday, and if you find your child does have head lice, don’t sweat it! Just know that Lice Care Solutions, your local head lice removal company, is only a call or text away.